Do not enquire in the college offices for admission details.
All information is available on this website.
Admission helpline (Weekdays: 10am to 2pm): 08585892094
A student may apply for more than one course separately through online application process.
All dates are tentative and subject to change.
Any changes in the dates will be notified through the college website only.
Courses (after 10+2):
Students having passed +2 may apply for any or as many courses of their choice indicated below provided they fulfil the eligibility requirements:
COLLEGE MAIN CAMPUS: Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street)B.A. (Co-educational)
- English Honours
- Political Science Honours
- Sociology Honours
- Bengali Honours
- B.A. with English, Political Science and Sociology
B.A. Bengali Honours students may write the Generic Elective papers in Bengali.
- Physics Honours
- Chemistry Honours
- Mathematics Honours
- Statistics Honours
- Computer Science Honours
- Economics Honours
- Microbiology Honours
- Mass Communication and Videography
- B.COM [MORNING] (for boys only)
- B.COM [EVENING] (Co-educational)
B.M.S. (Bachelor in Management Studies) Honours [EVENING] (Co-educational)
M.Sc. - Multimedia
[5 years integrated course] (Co-educational)
M.Sc. - Biotechnology
[5 years integrated course] (Co-educational)
2. Cost of Application Forms:
- Rs.1000/- for B.M.S., B.Sc. Mass Communication & Videography and M.Sc. Multimedia (Integrated)
- Rs. 500/- for all other courses.
- Rs. 250/- for Raghabpur Campus.
3. Dates of Online Applications
STUDENTS CAN APPLY ONLINE ONLY AFTER THE PUBLICATION OF THEIR RESPECTIVE BOARD/COUNCIL (10+2) RESULTS.
Dates of online applications: 14th July to 20th August, 2020.
All dates are tentative. Any changes in the dates will be notified through this website only.
4. International Students (Foreign Nationals)
English Proficiency for students from Foreign Countries
Students from foreign countries need to produce their English Proficiency
certificate (TOEFL, IELTS) if the medium of instruction in the qualifying
examination is not in English medium. Such students, without TOEFEL, IELTS are
not eligible to apply.
Click here for admission details for International Students
Separate hostel accommodation, for boys and girls, will be available in the
newly constructed AJC Bose Road Hostel.
Click here for details of Hostel.
(There will be no hostel available for this semester).
Categories of Admissions
CATEGORY I : GENERAL, selected on merit.
CATEGORY II : Catholics, other Christians, SC, ST, OBC and schools administered by the Calcutta Province of the Society of Jesus.
CATEGORY III : Economically challenged, physically challenged, outstanding sports persons and NCC Cadets.
CATEGORY IV : Sons and daughters of College Alumni Association members with long standing record of service to College and society.
Students of all categories having the required eligibility will apply online through the website.
7. Category IV:
College Alumni Association members with long standing record of service to the college & society who seek to get their son/daughter admitted to St. Xavier's College, need to fill in a separate form which can be downloaded from the College website. The details will be available in due course of time.
8. NCC Cadets:
NCC cadets of the Army wing only, will have to appear for an interview, in uniform. Details will be announced later.
Cadets interested and fit to join Armed Forces and Republic Day Camp will be given preference
Cadets who discontinued NCC or completed the course need not apply under this category.
Please bring all necessary NCC documents duly attested by the Commanding Officer / Group Commander of the concerned NCC battalion / NCC group.
The Dates will be Announced later.
9. Outstanding Sports Persons (both Men & Women) ::
Only Sports Persons having achievements at national / state / first division
level in the last two years will be eligible to appear for trials in their
respective field for consideration under this category.
Along with the trials, they will follow the normal admission procedure like admission test / interview etc.
All dates will be announced later.
10. Admission to Raghabpur Campus :
From the session 2014-15, St. Xavier's College (Autonomous)
has introduced a Rural Campus at Raghabpur, Nepalganj for the rural
students of South 24 Parganas.
St. Xavier's College(Autonomous),
email id: email@example.com
(Adjacent to St. Pauls High School)
Medium of instruction :
Courses offered :
- Bengali Honours with Political Science and History as ancillary subjects
- History Honours with Political Science and Bengali as ancillary subjects
- B.Com. Honours
- B.A. with English, Pol. Sc and Bengali.
- Only candidates residing at South 24 Parganas are eligible to apply.
- Spot Admission for those who secure aggregate 50% and above.
- Students are advised to contact Raghabpur Campus Office for admission related queries.
- Spot Admission at Raghabpur campus from 1st to 20th August, 2020.
- The priority of admissions will be given on first come, first served