St. Xavier's College, Kolkata has started a rural campus at Raghapur, 20km from its Mother Teresa Sarani (City) campus, in Bishnupur constituency of South 24-Parganas, West Bengal
Two buildings with a total of 66,000sqft is equipped with all infrastructure facilities like classrooms, library, computer lab, offices, canteen etc. Classes began from the academic session 2014-15.
The Raghapur campus is the "rural image" of St. Xavier's College and it is a
bold step taken by the Calcutta Jesuits keeping in mind the "option for the
- B.A. Honours in Bengali with Political Science and History as ancillary subjects.
- B.A. Honours in History with Political Science and Bengali as ancillary subjects
- B.Com Honours with specialization in Accounting and Finance
- B.A. General
- Medium of instruction is Bengali.
- Residential address of the candidate is preferably within a distance of 10km from the Raghabpur Campus.
- Reservation rules for admission: as per SXC norm.
- Compulsory languages: Bengali and English.
- College hours:
- Office hours: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Class hours: 10.30 am to 4 pm.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum percentage of marks for application to Honours courses - 50%.
- Minimum percentage of marks for application for S.C., S.T. and Christians: 45%.
- The student must have passed in all the papers as per the respective board/council pass marks.
- The student must have obtained 45% marks in each of the 4 subjects included in the aggregate calculation.
- Forms will be issued from and submitted at :
St. Xavier's College(Autonomous),
Environmental Studies (100 marks), Compulsory Languages (100+100 marks) and Foundation Courses (50+50 marks) are common for all students.
Availability and submission of application form
Raghabpur Campus, St. Xavier's College, Raghabpur, Nepalganj, South 24
Application form at campus office : after the publication of WBHS
Registration fee for application: Rs. 250.
List of selected candidates to be published on : to be announced.